Patient EligibilityAn individuals may qualify, if he or she is:
- 18 years to 65th birthday
- a resident of Horry County for at least 2 months
- 200% or below Federal Poverty Guidelines
- has no access to medical insurance, Medicaid or Medicare
Application ProcessCall the patient line 843-347-7178 Monday - Thursday, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. for information and request an application be mailed to you.
One may come by the clinic 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday - Thursday and pick up an application at 1396 Hwy 544, one mile south of the back entrance of Coastal Carolina University.
PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY WHEN COMPLETELY THE APPLICATION
Documents Required for Application
- South Carolina driver's license OR South Carolina photo ID (obtained from the Department of Motor Vehicles)
- Social Security card
- Verification of income status
This may include any of the following items that apply to your individual situation:
- Tax return for the previous tax year
- Social Security benefit letter received yearly
- Disability Statement Letter and the Date your Disability Began
- Unemployment Statement Letter and Letter showing weekly amount
- Retirement fund statement/Pension Statement
- Copy of alimony decree/child support statement
- Letter from employer if paid in cash
- Food Stamp Notification Letter. Letter showing the beginning month and monthly $ amount
- Section 8 Housing Statement with $ amount for housing/utilities
- IF NO INCOME WRITE A STATEMENT EXPLAINING HOW MONTHLY NEEDS ARE MET: Who is Paying your Bills? HAVE THAT PERSON SIGN AND DATE LETTER
- Medicaid Letter of Denial: required of all patients. The letter states you do not qualify for Medicaid Benefits. Go to the Medicaid office: 1203 Creel St., Genesis Complex, off of 9th Ave, Conway. Tell Them You Are Applying at Friendship Medical Clinic. It is faster to go directly to the office rather than calling. They will print the letter while you are there. Drug Companies require this letter. If Medicaid qualifies you for family planning or a yearly healthy check up you may still be a patient.
- If you are employable, please provide a statement form from the South Carolina Employment Security Commission that confirms that you are registered and actively seeking a job.
Please call the clinic patient line 843-347-7178 Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. with any questions regarding the application or application process. We want to help you receive medical care and medications.